What is Summary columns?
- A summary column performs a computation on another column’s data.
- Using the Report Wizard or Data Wizard, you can create the following summaries: sum, average, count, minimum, maximum, % total.
- You can also create a summary column manually in the Data Model view, and use the Property Palette to create the following additional summaries: first, last, standard deviation, variance.
Can u define exceptions twice in same block?
Can you have two functions with the same name in a pl/sql block?
Can you have two stored functions with in the same name?
Can function be overload?
What is the maximum number of statements that can be specified in a trigger statement?
Can 2 functions have same name & input parameters but differ only by return datatype?
What is FORWARD DECLARATION in Packages?
PL/SQL allows for a special subprogram declaration called a forward declaration.It consists of the subprogram specification in the package body terminated by a semicolon.You can use forward declarations to do the following:
- Define subprograms in logical or alphabetical order.
- Define mutually recursive subprograms.(both calling each other).
- Group subprograms in a package
Difference between triggers and procedures?
|Defined with create trigger||Defined with create procedure|
|The data dictionary contains source code in the user_triggers.||Data dictionary contains source code in user_source|
|Implicitly invoked||Explicitly invoked|
|Commit, save point and rollback are not allowed(TCL)||Those are allowed|
What do you mean by LOCKS?
Locks are used to reduce concurrency
SHARE LOCK—it allows the other users for only reading not to insert or update or delete.
EXCLUSIVE LOCK— only one user can have the privileges of insert or update and delete of particular object others can only read.
UPDATE LOCK—-multiple user can read, update delete
Lock levels :
1) TABLE LEVEL
2) TABLE SPACE
3) DATABASE LEVEL.
What is template?
The TEMPLATE form is the required starting point for all development of new Forms. It includes platform–independent attachments of several Libraries.
- APPSCORE :- It contains package and procedures that are required of all forms to support the MENUS ,TOOLBARS.
- APPSDAYPK :- It contains packages that control the oracle applications CALENDER FEATURES.
- FNDSQF :- it contains packages and procedures for MESSAGE DICTONARY, FLEX FIELDS, PROFILES AND CONCURRENT PROCESSING.
- CUSTOM :- it allows extension of oracle applications forms with out modification of oracle application code, you can use the custom library for customization such as zoom ( such as moving to another form and querying up specific records)
What is responsibility?
It is a collection of menus, request security groups and data groups
- Menus: collection of forms is nothing but menus
- Request security groups: collection of programs.
- Data groups: is a group of modules to be made accessible by the user through Responsibility.
What are the validation types?
None: validation is minimal.
Independent ——input must exist on previously defined list of values
Dependent ——input is checked against a subset of values based on a prior value.
Table —– input is checked against values in an application table
Special ——values set uses a flex field itself.
Pair —— two flex fields together specify a range of valid values.
Translatable independent —– input must exist on previously defined list of values; translated values can be used.
Translatable dependent ——- input is checked against a subset of values based on a prior values; translated value can be used.