What are ad-hoc reports ?
- Ad-hoc Report is made to meet one-time reporting needs.
- Concerned with or formed for a particular purpose.
- Example: ad hoc tax codes or an ad hoc database query
What is FSG and what is it’s use ?
- FSG is a powerful and flexible tool you can use to build your own custom reports without programming.
- FSG is only available with General Ledger (GL) Module.
Differentiate Apps schema from other schemas?
- Apps schema is the one that comprises of only synonyms and there is no possibility of creating tables in it.
- Other schema comprises of tables and objects in it and allows the creation of tables as well as for providing grants to tables.
Define custom top and its purpose?
- Custom top can be defined as the customer top which is created exclusively for customers.
- According to the requirement of the client many number of customer tops can be made.
- Custom top is made to used for the purpose of storing components, which are developed as well as customized.
- At the time when the applying patches, every module other than custom top are overridden.
What is the method of calling standard – interface program from pl/sql or sql code?
FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST(PO, EXECUTABLE NAME,,,,,PARAMETERS)
Define Application Top?
- Application Top is found when we are connecting to server.
- There are two types of application tops available product top and custom top.
- Product top is the kind of top that is built in default by manufacturer.
- Custom top can be chosen by the client, and any number of custom tops can be created as per the requirement of the client.
Explain about the procedures that are compulsory in the case of procedures?
There are number of parameters which are mandatory in the case of procedures and each of these parameters has a specific job associated with it.
- Errorbuf: This is the parameter used for returning error messages and for sending that to log file.
- Retcode: This is the parameter capable of showing the status associated with a procedure. 0, 1 and 2 are the status displayed by this parameter. 0 is used for indicating completed normal status, 1 defines completed warning status and 2 is the one denoting completed with error.
What is a token?
- Token is used for transferring values towards report builder.
- Tokens are usually not case sensitive.
What is the menu?
- Menu can be defined as a hierarchical arrangement associated with functions of the system.
What is Function?
- Function is the smaller part of the application and that is defined inside Menu.
Define about Profile Option?
- Profile Option comprises of set of options that are helpful in defining the appearance as well as behavior of the application.
What is the usage of the spawned object?
· This object is used for process associated with executable field.
Tell me what is the procedure to develop an interface?
- First we will get the Requirement document.
- We will create control file based on that plot file.
- Then the control files which loads the data into staging tables.
- Through pl/sql programs we will mapping and validate the data and then dump into the interface tables.
- Through the standard programs we will push the data from interface tables to Base tables.
How can you call a standard interface program from sql or pl/sql code?
FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST (‘PO’,’EXECUTABLE NAME’,,,,PARAMETERS)
Tell me couple of API’s FOR CUSTOMER INTERFACE?